Since we introduced the completed work PDF, it has proven to be an essential tool for audits and compliance across our customer base. It's one of our most used features - second to our Manager worklist - and we thought we could make some tweaks to streamline the presentation and ensure that it has all the richness of our work templates. So, with this update, we are introducing the option to add more context to your Work done through:
- updates to how the PDF is presented, including showing clearly the values captured with the person who captured it.
- including field pre-text and post-text in the completed Work PDF as an option.
- including full-sized uploaded photographs in the Appendix with hyperlinking right in the PDF as an option.
In this article, we will go through these updates!
Updates to the PDF presentation
Previously, there were only two main areas on the PDF: a left column showing the field name and a right column showing the value captured and its timestamp. This approach meant that that the field values were obscured by the timestamp and the person who captured the value was not shown. (View [Manager] How to read the PDF for Completed Work? to see how the completed work PDF behaved previously).
Image 1: Current completed PDF presentation
Image 2: New completed PDF presentation
With this change, we have made the following updates:
- added a third column so the field name is in Column 1, the person who captured the value (regardless of being the main assignee or the associated operators) with the timestamp is in Column 2, and the value captured is in Column 3.
- updated the thumbnail display of the uploaded photos for fields and sections to show in the third column under the Data Value.
- updated the comments (if they have been added to the field) to show under each field.
- added pre-text and post-text from the Work template (if they exist via the template configuration process) to also show under the field.
- added full-sized photos in an Appendix section.
Image 3 & 4: Updated completed PDF presentation
Pre & Post-text on the Completed PDF
To give supervisors more context, we have added the option to include the field pre-text and post-text to the completed PDFs. These helper texts will be displayed under the field name and separate to the field values.
Image 5: Pre-text and Post-text to a field
Please note that this is only applied for pre-text and post-text to a field but not the 'Additional information to provide for the Field' (i.e. the text which appears when you tap on the field information icon on the Capture app).
Full-sized uploaded photo
Photos are worth a thousand words - it's much easier to show what the issue is rather than try to describe it. To support this, we are introducing the option to display all the uploaded photos in the Appendix as full size images. These images will also have a link to where the user uploaded the photo.
Image 5: Full-sized photo in the Appendix
On the other hand, if a photo is taken using the Drawing field type, it will be included as an uploaded photo in the Document tab of the Review page in Manager. It will be also included in the full-size photo appendix in the Completed PDF.
Please note that this won't apply to inline images and other attachments to the Work Template or non-image attachments to the Work.
How do I enable this?
To enable the features described above, you will need to have the tenant admin role and access to Console.
Once you can access Console, simply go to the Settings for your tenant and expand the Completed PDF card to update.
Image 6: Console Settings for the feature
Don't forget to save the changes after enabling or disabling them!
Please sign in to leave a comment.