Obzervr is back this month with another version of the Capture app - v1.42.22. This version is now in the Beta testing phase.
With the Capture v1.42.22 release, we have introduced some cool new features and minor fixes. These go hand in hand with several changes in Manager and Designer, currently up to v41.53.
In these Release Notes, we will walk you through the following new features and improvements:
- Work Navigator Beta - introducing a new way to navigate through your Work with less 'clicks' and a more streamlined look.
- Update Sample ID/s via Barcode Wizard - introducing a new way to scan bottle barcodes when collecting Samples.
- Customized Chain of Custody template - introducing the ability to create Chain of Custody documents based on your own template. Now you can create COCs that look exactly like the documentation your labs expect.
- Responsive Group Summary - introducing a new change to the Group Summary that removes the limit for the number of fields selected for the Summary. Capture will display any number of group summary fields and adapt to your device screen size and resolution.
- Separating photographs and signatures with the drawing field type - We've updated the Manager work review and generated PDF experience to improve how photographs and signatures are presented.
- Other fixes and improvements - we're constantly reviewing app performance and resolving glitches in the app.
- Known Issues
Work Navigator Beta
Considering various feedback from our customers to have a one-page Work display that allows you to view the whole assignment in one look and complete work with fewer 'clicks' (see roadmap item here), we are bringing you a new, simple and streamlined way of navigating your work on Capture.
This change will give you:
- A table of contents to quickly understand and navigate around the work you need to do
- The ability to quickly determine which areas have incomplete required fields and to quickly complete groups as you go
- The ability to just 'go back' to the page you were on before navigating and return to exactly where you were in the previous page. This makes it really quick and easy to capture hazards, follow-on work, parts orders, or any other components you might need to capture when you're in the middle of completing your checksheet or inspection.
Image 1: Simplified Work Navigation overview
Please note that this feature is in beta, with more enhancements and improvement coming. Obzervr is working on collecting feedback from different users on this feature. To enable this feature for your sandbox tenant for trial, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would want to provide more feedback regarding this feature after you've tried it, feel free to do so using our Feedback Form.
Update Sample ID/s via Barcode Wizard
Collecting large samples could be time-consuming sometimes, especially when you have to distinguish different bottles with long numbers of barcodes! This feature will allow you to easily scan the barcode on the bottles, display them on the Sample set and send them directly through to your lab via electronic Chain of Custody (eCOC).
Image 2: Using the Barcode Wizard to scan a list of bottle barcodes for a Sample set
Customized Chain of Custody template
No more default Chain of Custody (CoC) template! No matter which lab you're working with, as long as you have a Chain of Custody template, you can use it to generate your own Chain of Custody using the information captured while working with our Sampling feature.
After you've uploaded your template in Manager against the matching Laboratory, the Capture app will use that template to generate the Chain of Custody PDF.
Because we can't be sure how well you've defined your template, the PDF generation includes flexible options in the event that your template couldn't successfully generate the PDF document, with easy options for you to regenerate the document once you've resolved the issue with your template.
Images 3 & 4: Flexible options in the event that your template couldn't successfully generate the PDF document
Responsive Group Summary
Previously, we had a limit of 4 fields that could be selected to display as the Group Summary. Now, we have removed that limit based on feedback from different customers to allow more fields to be selected. In addition, we added more controls to the app that allow it to automatically adjust the Summary display based on the device's screen width (e.g. screen viewing in horizontal or vertical view) so that the number of items is divided equally on a maximum of 2 lines of the Summary and 9 items horizontally.
Therefore, based on the device screen resolution, some fields can be hidden and not displayed on the field.
Images 5: Group Summary in vertical view
Images 6: Group Summary in horizontal view
Separating Photographs and Signatures with the Drawing field type
We all know that we can sign, draw, or even take a photo of our work using the Drawing field type. Previously, there was no difference between a signature/drawing with a photograph taken, but now, we introduce the distinction between the two.
If a photo is taken using the Drawing field type, it will be included as an uploaded photo in the Document tab in Manager when reviewing work and will be included in the full-size photo appendix in the Completed PDF.
Images 7: 'Documents' tab where the photo was taken would be displayed.
Resolution of Issues
- Resolves an issue where the user cannot switch to other users on Capture when tapping to the centre of the 'Switch User'/'Switch Tenant' button.
- Resolves an issue where the time for creating assignments in Capture is not correctly reflecting the timezone where the assignment is created.
- Resolves the issue where unselecting a Checkbox would not update the count of fields to decrease the number of the completed fields for a group, reoccurrence instance and the whole assignment.
- Resolves an issue when clearing field values, the count of fields is not updated to decrease.
- Resolves an issue where operators added to the Assignment via '+Add External User' is not actually selected and applied.
- Resolves an issue where show/hide fields and sections using Conditional Logic causes the screen to jump to a different position.
- Resolves an issue where Capture is not started correctly and forces the Capture app to use a previously successful result (cache) or the config provided at compile time to continue without failing or displaying the error message 'Invalid Pin'.
- Resolves an issue where the Work status cards are stretched on the Dashboard when there are many different statuses.
- Resolves an issue where outstanding assignments are not loaded due to having assignments from/to dates set to 01/01/0001 and a negative offset time zone.
- Resolves an issue where users cannot select the 'Uncomplete' group right after selecting 'Complete' a group consequently and vice versa.
- Resolves an issue where series instance history cannot handle dates when using the Group History feature.
- Resolves multiple issues related to Sampling and Chains of Custody:
- Resolves an issue where the pencil icon cannot be seen when editing the Chain of Custody using the Capture app on Windows.
- Resolves an issue where selecting bottles when editing the Chain of Custody causes other bottles to be selected/deselected randomly.
- Resolves an issue where the bottles overlap each other when editing the COC.
- Resolves an issue where 'Assigned' assignments in a trip with collected containers are not available to attach to trip COC.
- Supports having a 'space' in the Sample Reference Number for Sampling.
- Resolves an issue where Group Summary for a reoccurrence instance does not show if fields have been populated via the Work API or or the assignment has been created in Manager.
- The issue with the Capture app on Windows where it intermittently doesn't capture the input and saved it.
Workaround: closing and re-opening the app will "reset" the app. This happens very intermittently when you have the Capture app opened for a long time.
- Capture not storing tokens for 30 days. This happens when a user doesn't log into the device for a long time. We're working on doing further testing to ensure the fix we're introducing works.
Workaround: log out and log in again using your username and password.
- Switching to a new tenant, which you haven't been logged in before, while offline will not work, which means it will not allow you to get into the new tenant.
Workaround: ensure that you have internet connection when switching to a new tenant.