With the release of v42, we are delighted to bring you a new feature for a group in a Work Order. To view the full release notes on v42, please visit 2021 August Update - Capture v1.42.1 & Manager v41.22.
What is Instance Field History?
This is a new feature that can only be used from v1.42 on Capture onward.
It provides operators with the ability to track the history of the data captured in groups within a Work Order. This is particularly useful when multiple people are working on the same Work Order, or in scenarios where a supervisor has to review a Work Order in Capture.
The feature will defer the saving of changes made to form until the user exits or deliberately saves those changes. Users can review the values for all the fields that were previously entered by others in that group. In addition, this provides the following capabilities:
- The ability to "Discard" changes made to a form before they are confirmed and then synchronised.
- If the app crashes, the user force quits Capture or Capture is tombstoned, the operators working changes are saved in the local database and can be restored the next time they re-enter that form.
- The ability to view previous states of the fields in the group, including the history of who made what changes to a form, in a read-only version of the Action History page.
Whenever this feature is enabled, there are additional 3 icons noticeable on the top-right corner of the field measurements page along with the filter icon:
- to confirm to save all the captured values in the group
- to exit the group without saving any captured values in the group. There will be a notification pop-up to ask for confirmation that the user is leaving the group without saving anything
- to see the history of the captured values in the group
Figure 1: Additional icons on the field measurement page when Instance Field History is enabled
How to use Instance Field History?
This new feature requires an initial activation from Obzervr; this means "Field History" will not be usable by default. You can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org to switch it on for your tenant.
Please note that this feature is different from the field history that we introduced last year - which enables operators to have a focus history view of any particular field throughout different Work Orders as long as it's from the same Location/Panel/Plaint Item. This Instance Field History feature will allow operators to see the movement of a whole group within that Work Order only.
Leave a comment below and click to let us know if this article was helpful!