With the Capture v1.41.8 release, a minor patch release, we are addressing some additional issues that were introduced with the previous major release v1.41.3. Refer to the list of known issues if you cannot yet upgrade to v1.41.8.
Capture v1.41.8 will be available in stores for beta testers on 1 July 2021, refer to this article to get the beta version of the app.
In these Release Notes, we will walk you through the following new features and improvements:
- Hiding "Create Assignment Point" menu item
- General user experience improvements
- Resolution of issues
- Remaining known issues
Hiding the "Create Assignment Point" option
General User Experience improvements
In this release, we have been working hard on improving the user experience in Capture. These small changes will have a positive impact on how our users work with the app. Key changes:
- A better indication of selecting items (Work Orders, Groups) in the app through visual distinction from other (non-selected) items in lists.
- When certain actions are taking longer than expected (due to processing time) the app now provides an indication to the user that the app is processing their request, through what we call "micro-interactions". We have applied these micro-interactions on transitions between app pages when the wait time is longer than 500ms.
Resolution of the following issues
A number of issues that our users have experienced over the last few weeks have been resolved in this release:
- Crashes due to corrupted data on the device during sync, these crashes mainly occurred for users upgrading from an older version to a v41 version of the app.
- When Work Orders were created in Capture between 23:00 and 0:00 at night the Work Order actually got a start date of the previous day.
Figure 2: From Date and To Date are correct to the current date
- Where fields had reasons for selecting configured, the reason selected wouldn't 'stick' on scrolling to the next field and no reason value would be saved.
- Work Orders cannot proceed further than prerequisite groups (or prerequisite groups cannot be completed) when multiple persons are working on it concurrently.
Remaining known issues
Capture v1.41.3 was a large release with a lot of new features and an underlying platform update, unfortunately, that has meant that a number of issues became apparent after it was released to our users. We had created this article to provide context and workarounds for them. A number of these issues have been resolved with the v1.41.7 and again with this 1.41.8 release; however, some issues are more complex to resolve and still remain.
- Performance issues with certain "field spec" devices
Some Intrinsically Safe (IS) devices or rugged field devices like the ECOM and iSafe mobile devices have been seeing degraded performance after being used for more than one hour. Whilst the performance on these devices has been greatly improved with the latest v1.41.7 release, this performance problem can still occur in certain scenarios.
Workaround: when running into degraded performance on the device, it's worth closing the app completely (not put it to background or resetting the app) and reopening the app. This "resets" the memory used by the app and you should see the app return to normal usage.
- Some groups with mandatory fields are not completing
Occasionally users may run into a scenario where they are capturing information in mandatory fields, but Capture is not correctly calculating the number of mandatory fields the user has entered. The result is that the user cannot complete the group or even the work order. Whilst a good portion of this issue has been resolved in v1.41.7, more work remains on resolving this fully. We have completed the work to deal with these problems and are in the midst of testing this. These changes should come through in the next major (v1.42) release.
Workaround: go out of the work order back to the dashboard and open the work order again. Capture would then have recalculated the fields correctly and the user will be able to complete the group. If this doesn't help going out of the work order and to do manual sync may help as well.
- Viewing open Work Orders
Users are not able to view work orders that are not yet assigned to someone. When clicking on an open Work Order Capture asks the user if they want to assign that Work Order to them. This is currently the only way a user can view an open Work Order. This will be resolved in the next Capture release.
- Database Upload lack of feedback
Particularly in Android, when a user goes to the Diagnostics menu to upload their database (this is sometimes needed for troubleshooting an issue) and they click on "Start Upload" it is not clear to the user that the button has been pressed before Capture shows the next upload screen. This can cause confusion and when the user presses the button multiple times Android can show an error "Capture is not responding". The workaround for this is to wait for the next screen to appear. When presented with the error, the user can select "wait" to return to Capture. The database upload still works. This only occurs for users with a large number of work orders (supervisors, team work sharing, etc.).
- Team view reverts back to personal view
When switching to team-shared view on the dashboard and selecting a team, Capture will show the personal view for that team instead.
Workaround: click on team-shared view again to show all work orders for that team.
Don't delay, update now!