How long does your organisation take to collect samples, submit them to a laboratory and receive results?
Currently, the turnaround for this process is a couple of weeks. At the end of this period, field workers may go back out into the field if the results need to be validated. Obzervr helps to speed up this process by integrating with laboratories to send electronic sampling data to the laboratory as soon as you're online and have completed the assignment.
Obzervr sends the laboratory an eCOC (electronic Chain of Custody) once the assignment is completed. The physical samples are sent to the lab with a sample submission receipt and tested. The laboratory sends Obzervr the test results digitally and the sampling data is sent to your company.
How to manage your laboratory sampling process in Obzervr:
- Add the laboratories you use for your sample testing – i.e. ALS, SAS using How to create a Laboratory in Obzervr Manager.
- Upload your XML eQuotes or manually configure your test plan with How to upload a Laboratory eQuote in Obzervr Manager.
- Add Container Overrides to your Laboratory Quote with Using Container Override for your sampling bottles.
- Maintain a valid test plan, tables and suites. Read more about Test Plan Availability here.
- Validate and submit your samples. Check out Managing your Chains of Custody in Obzervr Manager to see how.
- Send your COCs to the laboratory instantly when you complete a sampling assignment on Obzervr Capture or when you approve an assignment in Obzervr Manager. To learn more, read:
- How to add and collect samples on Obzervr Capture, and,
- How to create an Assignment COC on Obzervr Capture or How to create a Trip COC on Obzervr Capture.
- Re-send your COCs in Obzervr Manager with How to re-send your electronic Chain of Custody XML.
Want to hear more about Obzervr? Check out our website (www.obzervr.com) or social media pages (LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook).